Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What happens to the rain then?

My 13 year old son has a question, What happens to the rain then? If global warming is causing droughts, but the total water on our earth remains the same, what is happening to the rain? He wants to know where it is going, how is evaporation and precipitation changing? Anyone willing to help give him an answer?

Clarification - I homeschool my 11 and 13 year old sons. I do this partly because I feel our institutionalized world has led to a general disconnection from the "real" world. Society is heavily media driven, even in our schools, media rules with misinformation given as truth. I believe we can recondition our youth into finding truth for themselves, and help foster a reconnection for all of us to our natural world. We realize that we, too, can be the media. You are the media. Person of the year, even.

Today one of my sons chose global warming as his thesis topic. I think it would be great to use this blog and your voices as a resource in his quest for answers. If you are willing to help, it should be a neat experience for all of us.

No comments: