Thursday, October 4, 2007

Are we crazy?

I just resigned from the environmental committee of my neighborhood. My committee members are fantastic people, it's the Governing Board members we go against that are incomprehensibly stupid. Yes, that dumb, no exaggeration. Why is it so hard to get people to see beyond their own arse?? These people did not want a thing actually done, they just want it to look like they want something done. It seems it is politically incorrect to be indifferent to choking the life out of the habitat you promised to preserve and protect, but also politically incorrect to care too much about said habitat. So they fake it. They fake caring and nod knowingly in a what can you do fashion.

I am extremely irritated, frustrated and saddened. What I am no longer is naive enough to be a part of a completely contrived show to the public while a constant undermining of actual efforts for environmental improvement is taking place! They want their name in the paper for being forward thinking trailblazers for the environment, and they get it, all while they are actually squashing efforts. You know, your wheels are spinning, you're trying to get traction, then you see the very people you are working for holding the grease can. I am rambling a bit, just typing a stream of consciousness while disturbed and so saddened I can not stand it. We try to help, because we really do care, walking cliches and all. Why is it if you truly want to right environmental wrongs, your IQ drops in the minds of others?

I needed to vent... I'll do a happy post tomorrow to make it up.

No comments: